11/29/07

taking pictures while driving your car...

as i've joined the blog world i've been reading other people's blogs as well. there are so many that have a picture the writer has taken with their phone while driving. the writer will usually use the picture in the blog to write something negative about the way the driver was driving.

don't get me wrong, on my drive home i run across (into) about 4 drivers at least that don't know the basic rules of driving:
1) don't change lanes in the intersection
2) USE a signal--trust me, if you cut me off and i see a signal at least i have a chance to slow down geezz
3) and my favorite when the lite is green you GO--don't just sit there finishing you cell phone call or eating or reading directions GO!!!!

so i wonder if those folks blogging about other bad drivers are just as guilty themselves since they take the time to get their phone out (unless already on it) aim and take a pic and of course check the picture to see if it's ok to post of course.

i guess i'm more aggressive/defensive when i drive then most folks because all i do in my car is drive. i don't talk on the phone (except on rare occasions) and i don't eat or read (though that would be cool!) or get lost (i know my route before i go). I do listen to the radio but that doesn't seem to impair any of my skills thus far. i can't wait until it's illegal to talk on a phone while driving unless you're using a hands-free headset. i think that happens in 2008 & i can't wait!

just a thought.

No comments: