1/15/08

messages from the past...

every get that weird feeling something is catching up with you?

in the past week i've gotten 2 very different but equally as strange messages. i'll give the highlites and any advice is always appreciated.

the first was a voice mail yesterday. i saw the caller id and it was for a check cashing place. some guy left a message asking about J. i didn't call him back. i haven't talked to J in over a year.

the second was in the u.s. mail. a friend of mine i haven't heard from in for-ever sent me a baby shower invite! for her! ok, those of you who know me know i don't do showers. it was just a shocker. this is someone who never really had a steady guy when we were hanging out and next thing i know she's having a kid. that's cool for her. i hope she's happy!

i just kinda feel annoyed that all of a sudden i get a baby invite in the mail. no call, no email (although i did get a christmas card with a new email so i was going to email her in a little bit) but now everything's kinda weird. so i dunno. i'm not going to the shower but apparent;y i'm expected to send a gift. i've asked V for some ideas so we'll see. :)

is that bitchy of me or do i have the right to not want to participate? are you obligated to send a present b/c you get soemthing in the mail for someone you don't really talk to? i don't think so,but some folks i know do.

to keep up with my goals, i've just boughten 2 books of amazon from V's advice.I Could Do Anything If I Only Knew What It Was: How to Discover What You Really Want and How to Get It" &
I Don't Know What I Want, But I Know It's Not This: A Step-by-Step Guide to Finding Gratifying Work

I'll let you know if they work or not.

seahawks lost. bummer!

No comments: