my job opening is on good ole craigslist as if last night- no messing about. some of my shit tasks were taken away for the new hire; covering reception & printing all the mailing statements. go figure, 2 specific items i asked to be regifted to others that had "nothing to do" over a year ago & was told NO. theory...they want to hire a male. no one makes a male cover reception here...gasp!!
of course the best receptionist i worked with was Richard at atomfilms. he was so fun & really good at his job. a rare combo. if your curious, i copied the entire posting after the jump.
2 glaring changes then what i had in my 2 years there [1 review & $.50 bump after 90 days than de nada]:
1) never had a real title - just administrative ass(istant)
2) never made $15/hr which is offered below..had to basically beg for less than that, we'll leave it at that
UNDERWRITER & AGENT RELATIONS SPECIALIST (Irvine, CA)
We are seeking a motivated and energetic person to be part of our team as an Underwriter and Agent Relations Specialist. This person will need to have analytical and organizational skills as well as positive personality. It is a plus if the candidate has experience in banking, credit card, or collection industries.
DESCRIPTION OF BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
You will work closely with our risk and agent relation teams on all incoming applications. You will review the materials, request additional information if needed and work with agents and customers to complete the underwriting of an account. You will also help with our agent relations team with communication and support with outside agents. You will report to the Risk Manager.
• Maintaining daily reject reports and scheduling & updating collection tasks for customer service team.
• Receiving all incoming applications.
• Contacting clients via email and phone to get any missing information.
• Scrubbing applications and preparing all reports for underwriting.
• Conduct credit investigation on all incoming applications from merchants, and agents.
• Update notes on all applications in pending and provisional status.
• Obtain credit ratings from credit bureaus, banks and trades on application.
• File documents and files from the Risk Department.
• Knowledge of how to read and interpret credit reports, financial statements and D&B reports.
• Underwriting accounts.
• In-bound calls from any agents/clients who need marketing materials or other information.
• Support sales agents on operational processes, procedures and merchant pricing.
• Preparing agent training documentation.
• Maintaining agent files.
• Other tasks or projects as added.
• Perform all duties in the job description accurately on a timely basis and in a professional manner.
• Treat all customers, internal and external, and co-workers with courtesy.
• Answer inquiries or refer inquiries to the appropriate department.
• Use superior customer-oriented telephone etiquette to obtain information. Establish rapport, project professional tone, handle complaints, and records statistics on each call.
• Handle a variety of duties, requests and projects that require you to change focus periodically, without loss of efficiency, accuracy or composure.
• Work with minimum supervision, achieving objectives in a timely manner.
• Utilize skills in problem identification, analysis, research and resolution using available resources to accomplish objectives and goals set by management.
• Perform other duties as requested to maintain the effective operation of the departments.
• Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills in relating with peers, management and customers.
• Employ effective oral and written skills appropriate to the position.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs with moderate-expert level in Excel.
• Proven ability in providing excellent and personalized customer service to co-workers and customer.
• Excellent communication skills verbally and written with phone and email.
• Ability to prioritize work flow while being able to handle multiple tasks.
• Must possess an investigative, problem solving approach.
• Must maintain organization and thorough follow through.
• Must possess the attitude of a team player in offering assistance when needed to others and maintain an upbeat positive attitude.
• Posses initiative to suggest and implement new ideas and time saving efforts for processing work which result in greater efficiencies.
If you are interested in this position, please reply by sending your resume and the answers to the following THREE questions:
1. What specific items in your background would make you an excellent candidate for this position?
2. What type of customer service interaction have you had in the past?
3. While it is not required, do you have any experience in the credit card, banking, collection, or risk industries? Please explain.
This position is full-time with benefits. The company is conveniently located on the 405 freeway near the John Wayne Airport and is an easy commute from anywhere in Orange County.
Compensation: $13-15 an hour